Mac/Win Word index conversion

Subject: Mac/Win Word index conversion
From: Andy Carroll <acarroll -at- WEB -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 1997 10:36:25 -0800

Has anyone got any experience converting MS Word files with imbedded
indexing from Mac to PC?

I've been offered an indexing job using imbedded indexing codes in Word,
but the publisher works on PCs with Word97, and I'm on a Mac. I've been
expecting to have to get a recent version of Word, but if the conversion
won't work well, then I can put it off for a while longer. Anyone have
suggestions, comments, or horror stories?

Andy