Abbreviation of measures

Subject: Abbreviation of measures
From: "Mitman, Rikki" <Rikki -dot- Mitman -at- COMPAQ -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 1997 08:45:10 -0500

I'm looking for consensus on the abbreviation of things like megabyte
and gigabyte, which are typically represented as mb and gb (or, to my
dismay, MB, Mb GB, and Gb). To me, these are abbreviations, *not*
acronyms, and should not be capped.

What do y'all think?

(Sorry, Buck, I don't have an MS style manual here.)

Thanks,

Rikki Mitman -- speaking for myself
ECG Technology Communications
(281) 518-9855
rikki -dot- mitman -at- compaq -dot- com
Office 10441; MS 100403