Punctuation Question

Subject: Punctuation Question
From: Jeff or Steph <koosfam -at- ADVANCENET -dot- NET>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 1997 09:53:17 -0700

I was under the impression that a sentence containing an appositive
would be under the rules of restrictive or non-restictive appositives,
such as...

'Refer to the section, "Installing a Customer," for more information'

...would be incorrect, given that more than one section was included,
and parenthetically removing the section title renders the sentence
inaccurate.

My correction to this would be...

'Refer to the section "Installing a Customer" for more information'

In my corrections of this sentence, I have been accused of "lack of
experience."

I cite, as example, any published reference material regarding this
matter, e.g. The Chicago Manual of Style.

Please get back to me (jkooser -at- csc -dot- com) regarding your opinions on this
matter. You, as subscibers to this newsgroup, are experienced, as I am
evidently not.

Thank you,

--Jeff