22.5 years to post a message

Subject: 22.5 years to post a message
From: John -dot- Cornellier -at- PARIS -dot- IE -dot- PHILIPS -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 10:16:26 +0200

I'm not even in the same _hemisphere_ as the listserve & I don't have any probs
with slow msgs.

If you think your email system is malfunctioning, test it.

Send an email to your _own_ internet address, ie _not_ to your local email
system address. See how long it takes.

To test the listserve, set ACK, then cc a post to yourself. The time listserve
takes to post you, minus the time your cc boomerangs, approximates listerve's
processing / tx time.

I read in a magazine that there's an internet Burmuda Triangle where clouds
of msgs bounce around undelivered. In the future we (or our descendants)
will receive msgs posted decades before, like msgs in a bottle.
Actually I just made that up, but you never know. With modern pushbutton
technology, anything's possible.

John -dot- Cornellier -at- paris -dot- ie -dot- philips -dot- com

PS: I just sent a msgs titled "Missing messages - not" but forgot to put
sig, in case any of without msg headers wondered who was that anonymous
poster.