Re: Is Microsoft Word a hog?

Subject: Re: Is Microsoft Word a hog?
From: Leslie McKendry-Smith <McKendrySmith -at- MBNET -dot- MB -dot- CA>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 08:03:05 -0500

Another way to reduce the size of your Word docs is to turn off "fast
saves." It works for Word 6 so it should also work for Word 7. They aren't
that different.

I just tried it on a 37 K file and reduced the size to 22 K. I think that I
read at sometime that, when you use the "fast save" option, Word continues
to save deleted text and other garbage.

Dave Whelan wrote:
>I have been converting Word97 files to Word6 because that's what my client
>uses. Typically they are at least 1/3 smaller than the originals.

Dave, I'll bet that if you work on the Word 6 document and save it with
"fast saves" it will soon grow to the same size as your Word 97 document.

Leslie