Re: Is Microsoft Word a hog?

Subject: Re: Is Microsoft Word a hog?
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 12:41:58 -0700

As far as I can tell, Word 6 or 7 converts all graphic files to Windows
"metafiles," which are about the same size as a bitmap. So it doesn't
really matter what file format you use. For a recent screenshot-heavy
guide, I ended up saving them all as 16-color bitmaps (the # of colors
is significant).

If you link graphics files, you shouldn't have the file size problem, so
I'm not sure what's going on there, unless Bill's suggestion to uncheck
the Save to File box is on the mark.

BTW--I've been working with Word97 for a couple of weeks--it seems to
now handle all file formats rather than convert to metafiles. Yeah.