Re: Is Microsoft Word a hog?

Subject: Re: Is Microsoft Word a hog?
From: Roz Ault - User Support Technology - ext 377 <AULT -at- FAXON -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 10:37:56 -0400

Re:

>> Microsoft Word is a hog. At a state fair, I once saw a hog that weighed
>> 2600 pounds. Word for Windows far exceeds it.

For documentation of this fact, see the July 1997 issue of Scientific American,
specifically the article online at:

http://www.sciam.com/0797issue/0797trends.html

Microsoft Word in 1992 had 311 commands; in 1997 it has 1,033.

The article goes into detail about the problems of "creeping featurism" for
the user, but the economic rewards of this course for the computer industry.

Well worth reading and contemplating. Also be sure to check out the link
on "futzing."

- Roz Ault
ault -at- faxon -dot- com