Re: Redux redux

Subject: Re: Redux redux
From: "Parks, Beverly" <ParksB -at- EMH1 -dot- HQISEC -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 12:40:15 -0700

>From: geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA[SMTP:geoff-h -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA]
>>
>After seeing all the discussion on "redux", I'm beginning
> to wonder if this isn't all a typo for "reflux", as in the
> phrase "gastroesophageal reflux disorder"... which is what
> the certification thread is making me think of.
<<

---------
I was reading either Windows magazine or Boardwatch (I think it was
Boardwatch) the other day and they used "redux" in one of their article
titles.

Could it be an abbreviation of a more common word?

- Reduction or reductive seem like the obvious candidates, but the
meanings of those words don't jibe with how redux is used.

- Redundancy is a possibility, in the sense of overabundance or
excessive profusion.

- Reduplicate means to repeat--that could work, though it would be a
stretch.

- And finally, "reductio ad absurdum" means a reduction to an
absurdity.