Re: Word 97 to Word/Win 95 conversion problems

Subject: Re: Word 97 to Word/Win 95 conversion problems
From: "L. Burnham O'Donald" <lodonald -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 07:00:01 -0400

Julie Zagorski wrote:

> Hello All;
> I'll try to make this short and to the point and if you think it could be
> better handled somewhere else please say so. That aside, here's the puzzle.
>
> The client has word for win 95. I'm using word 97 save as word 6.0/95. I'm
> forwarding the documentation to them through email as attachments. They open
> the docs and the layout is deteriorated.

Have you tried Microsoft's conversion utility for just this situation? I
was also having conversion problems -- everything my client sent me (I'd
created the docs in Word 95; they opened and edited in Word 97; what I
got back was reduced to unformatted text) was a problem. The client
noted that they'd had "problems" (unspecified) when saving to Word 6.0,
so I called Microsoft; they directed me to a conversion utility on their
Web site, and I just downloaded it. Presto. No more problems.

(Sounds too good to be true, but it might help. Give 'em a call. I've
unfortunately forgotten the file name and where it was on their site.)

Louise O'Donald
lodonald -at- primenet -dot- com