Re: Word 97 to Word/Win 95 conversion problems

Subject: Re: Word 97 to Word/Win 95 conversion problems
From: Martha Ridge-Breil <mbreil -at- LYCOS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 10:25:35 -0400

Julie Wrote:
The client has word for win 95. I'm using word 97 save as word 6.0/95. I'm
forwarding the documentation to them through email as attachments. They open
the docs and the layout is deteriorated.

__________
Reply:

Julie,
If you have access to the WWW, this plug in should do the trick--
http://www.microsoft.com/Officefreestuff/word/dlpages/wrd6ex32.htm

It's a Microsoft plug in that lets you save Word97 documents in
Word96, and Word96 docs in Word97.

Hope it helps. This is the most annoying WP I've encountered since 1985,
when IBM's Display write was the rage!

Martha Breil
Sr. Technical Writer
http://www.lycos.com/