Re: FW: Quick reference cards/job aids

Subject: Re: FW: Quick reference cards/job aids
From: "Walker, Arlen P" <Arlen -dot- P -dot- Walker -at- JCI -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 1997 16:26:12 -0500

Is there a commission?

Oh get real! Ideas are a dime a dozen. Anyone can have an idea; if you
haven't got at least 6 you're not trying. Execution is what matters.
(Quoting from my wall: "The market won't wait just because you had the
idea." Jim Clark, Netscape.) Has the world come to such dire straights
(mousin' for nuthin' and your clicks fur-free) that we can't be asked to
invest a couple of seconds in a fellow TW-er without demanding payment
terms in advance? Yeesh!

Melissa isn't asking for a completely researched and ready-to-roll project
plan. Just an idea (if you have one) about cute things which help on the
job. If you're too busy to toss a couple of ideas out, that's one thing.
It's quite another to sit there and demand to get paid for a 30-second
think that, even if it's good, isn't going to do much except make more work
for her.

Now, since it's put up or shut up time:

variations on ref card:
Laminated and prepunched to fit most popular planners
Card and sleeve arrangement. Cards constitute logical grouping or
family of commands, sleeve makes sure only information relevant
to selected command is displayed through window
cylinder arrangement as above, which forms the barrel of a pen (which
happens to have your company logo prominently displayed --
marketing *and* functionality)
Inside cover of CD-ROM jewel case.

Mouse holder with info on it. (Perhaps use it as sleeve holder above.)
Tips in a "Magic 8 Ball" type presentation. Turn over the ball and a
randomly selected tip for using the product shows up in window.

And there's my six (even more if you mix'n'match). Each and every one of
them not guaranteed fit for any purpose whatsoever.

Have fun,
Arlen
DNRC 224