Word 7 TOC and index problems

Subject: Word 7 TOC and index problems
From: Tom Herme <therme -at- NVBELL -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 17:29:27 -0700

I have a problem with index and table of content fields in Word 7. My manual consists of
12 chapters, each chapter a file, all located in the same directory (no master document
for me!). I have separate index and table of content files in which I use the reference
document (RD) field for each chapter-file. I then insert the index or table of content
field on the next page.

The index and table of contents generate very nicely. They accurately reference pages in
the manual chapter files. However, I can't copy and paste the contents into pages based
on the same template as the chapters I've written and have everything print out well.
When I try to copy into pages for my table of contents I receive a "Bookmark Not
Defined" message when I try to print. When attempting to print the index, the page
prints with a message similar to "No index."

Short of manually keying in the table of contents and index items based on what is
generated, what else can I do to get all of this to work?

Thank you in advance for your help.
--
ÐÏ à¡± á