Re: Client Wants to Charge for Use of Equipment

Subject: Re: Client Wants to Charge for Use of Equipment
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 1997 11:36:29 -0700

1. If her contract includes "reasonable expenses," she should bill
the expenses right back to the company. I like this option
because it's looney in the same way as the problem.

2. She can raise her rates to cover the expenses, the lost time,
the annoyance, and a bonus.

3. She can clear out her desk and leave. I recommend this as a
first move. I would assert that I could not afford their rent,
but that they should get back in touch if they should change
their policy, and wish them luck in completing their project.
Under no circumstances would I allow their rent-meter to keep
ticking on me.

-- Robert

--
Robert Plamondon, High-Tech Technical Writing, Inc.
robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * (541) 453-5841 * Fax: (541) 453-4139