Re: Student chapter

Subject: Re: Student chapter
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 1997 10:42:33 -0400

Beth Mazur <mazur -at- MAYA -dot- COM> wrote:

>Yes, if we take what the poster wrote at face value, that's >what it sounds like. However, I have had a private exchange >with the poster suggesting that perhaps he/she might have been >too quick to judge.

I don't think it matters who is right or wrong. Too many people waste
too much time assigning blame, if you want my platitude of the day.

What matters is that there is a perceived friction. It's not a good idea
to let frictions continue in a small group, It's especially unwise when
you're new to the group.

Of course, you can run into the problem of people who don't want to
solve things, and prefer to run around laying blame instead. However,
you have to come to terms with them eventually, too--either that, or
leave the group.
--
Bruce Byfield (bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com)
Technical Writer / Job Bank Team, STC Canada West Coast Chapter