Re: Footers for Beta documentation

Subject: Re: Footers for Beta documentation
From: Sunil Gokhale <sunilg -at- PUNE -dot- TCS -dot- CO -dot- IN>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 10:28:39 +0530

On Thu, 3 Jul 1997, Michal Berman (telaviv) wrote:

> Even if there are no set standards, I would appreciate hearing what
> other companies do. Feel free to post to me directly, or the list (if
> you think the topic would interest others).

Here I feel that it is important to decide by the company to set its own
standards. Those standards should be the mark of that company.
From the look of the documentation style - one should be able to identify
the comapny.
The styles and the standards may be decided in the intial stages of the
work - They would include from the manual (online or printed) layout to
writing styles - Every new recruit should be made to follow those
guidelines.
So I feel, using Beta as a footer or not, is totally the decision
regarding style, style management.

Sunil Gokhale, Technical Communicator
Tata Consultancy Services
sunilg -at- pune -dot- tcs -dot- co -dot- in