Re: Measuring goals/bemchmarking

Subject: Re: Measuring goals/bemchmarking
From: Kathy Marshall <kmarshall -at- MODACAD -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 08:22:17 -0700

Rober Plamondon wrote:
>For example, adopt a kB of file size per man-day metric, and
add
> >a few more graphics. You can show any desired amount of
> "improvement"
> >with a small increase in the number of screen shots, for example.
> And you can always use an uncompressed format or switch to 24 bits
> >per pixel in an emergency.

Haha. I have to share this story now that you mention that. I found out
a technical writer I used to work with was fired because management one
day realized she hadn't done ANY work in the 8 months she had been
working for the company. And how were they monitoring her work, you ask?
--By checking the dates on the files she was supposed to be working on.
She would just open the files and save them everyday (and probably
played a lot of games and surfed the Web too...).

crazy stuff, huh?