Re: FrameMaker 5.0 vs. Word '97

Subject: Re: FrameMaker 5.0 vs. Word '97
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 13:32:18 -0600

Carole,

I use both applications. I'm currently using Word '97 for a project of
the same scope you mention. Without a doubt, I would recommend Frame
over Word. Word handles screen captures poorly, and it lacks some of
features necessary for complex page layouts. Its autonumbering features
are also limited and inflexible. I don't mind using it for some
projects, but I wouldn't attempt to do anything over 50 pages in Word,
much less anything with multiple files.

If management doesn't choke on Frame's price, I'd go for it.

Bill Burns
Technical Writer
ILE Communications Group
billdb -at- ile -dot- com