Re: Advice needed on SkillTech Seminar

Subject: Re: Advice needed on SkillTech Seminar
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 13:49:57 -0600

Janet asks about Conrad Gottfredson's seminar "Constructing Online
Documentation" and help design seminars in general. Keep in mind that
online help and online documentation are not necessarily the same thing.
Online help is typically related to specific user tasks while online
documentation can be much broader in scope. You might use different
design concepts for help that you wouldn't use for an online manual.

Oh, yeah... Conrad is a great instructor. I'm sure you'd get a lot out
of his seminar.

Solutions has a number of good seminars on designing WinHelp. You can
view their seminar schedule at

http://www.best.com/~solution/seminars/seminars.htm.

We're having an onsite advanced WInHelp seminar with Cheri Lockett Zubak
here in two weeks. (Not-so-subtle plug--We have a few seats open for
anyone who can't make it to the other scheduled seminars. Feel free to
contact me through email or by phone at 208-468-2406 if you have
questions.)

Bill Burns
Technical Writer
ILE Communications Group