Re: Percent: use GPO style for Congress

Subject: Re: Percent: use GPO style for Congress
From: "Williams, Diane (contractor)" <Williams_Diane -at- DOTE -dot- OSD -dot- MIL>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 14:29:42 -0400

>>Margaret said: ...So, if you follow the style Congress has said in law that
it wants used,
you can use % if space is tight, but should spell it out otherwise. (Of
course how you define limited space is up to you. Perhaps "many uses in
a paragraph" could be considered as a reason for calling the spacing
limited....)<<

Well, according to my contacts at the Pentagon, they generally ignore
the GPO and do their own thing. And, of course, each Service does its
own thing. So, I'm going to do *my* own thing and consider this document
technical enough to use the % sign following a numeral. And I shall
endeavor to be consistent! :-D

Thanks to everyone for your input!