Dress code (was: RE: What do you think?)

Subject: Dress code (was: RE: What do you think?)
From: Eric Haddock <ehaddock -at- ENGAGENET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 1997 14:21:46 -0500

>it's easy to be shocked by how small your piece of the world
>is. If you don't believe me, think about the last time you tried to
>explain to you in-laws why you wear blue jeans to work;)

Small is right--the only people I know who have to wear suits to work are
financial types and those who deal directly with customers. The rest of the
free world, it seems, is allowed to wear jeans. I've never had to explain why I
wear jeans to anyone--but then I'm still (barely) under 30. Times have
changed--I'm well aware of that.

Are you a technical writer who isn't allowed to wear jeans? Email me
privately--I'm interested in hearing how prevalent suits are. I'd assumed jeans
were the standard for non-customer related jobs.
Is it different with contract jobs? Does your contract house tell you to
wear a suit ("suit" being applied to anything business dressy a woman might
wear, not just the stereotypic male suit) to the sites you visit?

What are you allowed to wear?

(reply privately don't forget)

Regards from beautiful Wisconsin!

Me--> mailto:moonlion -at- full-moon -dot- com http://www2.pitnet.net/moonlion