DTP Packages

Subject: DTP Packages
From: Horace Smith <hsmith -at- WT -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 18:20:48 -0500

Folks, in your opinion, what is the best DTP for documents running around
200 pages or so with lots of graphics? We've been trying to use Word 6, but
it just won't cut it anymore. Word 97 has a serious numbering problem so
it's out. WordPerfect also has a numbering problem.

We've pretty well decided on FrameMaker, but never really got a chance to
evaluate the current Ventura or Quark.

I would appreciate your comments, but I need the information for a
presentation on Thursday.

Thanks a lot.
Horace Smith
Senior Technical Writer
Syntron, Inc.
smith -at- syntron -dot- com hsmith -at- wt -dot- net