Re: DTP Packages

Subject: Re: DTP Packages
From: GeriLou Ciotoli <GeriLou_Ciotoli -at- DLCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 13:08:24 GMT

I've been using Word 97 for our Software Manuals here at Enterprise Computer
Systems. I haven't run into a numbering problem, but then again, I've just
started the conversion from Pagemaker (MAC) to Word97. I have two manuals
done. Can you expand on this numbering problem. I may not have run into it,
because, being from the "old school" I tend to code chapter numbering and
figure numbering fields by hand instead of using the "insert" features.

But I am interested in this problem you have run across, because I will be
training a new operator in my manual production some time in the future.

By the way, I asked the same question about a week ago. Mostly everyone
responded with Framemaker.

Thanks.

Geri Lou Ciotoli
Enterprise Computer Systems, Inc.