Re: Grow UP and stop knocking those with degrees!!!!

Subject: Re: Grow UP and stop knocking those with degrees!!!!
From: Phil Atkinson <phila -at- INTUITIVE -dot- CO -dot- UK>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 15:12:47 +0100

DWeber wrote:

> You know, I've listened to some of these comments about tech
> writers
> who hold degrees....and I really think some of you are being
> stupid
> and ignorant.

I didn't make it any further than this. I refuse to read such
messages. However, I felt the need to comment. Is the author if this
message not being somewhat hypocritical in the opening few lines? Who is
really being stupid and ignorant here?

P.S. I haven't followed this thread. I don't know what it's about and I
don't have a degree. And yes, I am a technical writer (Information
Designer).

P.P.S. Yes I am probably being rather ignorant myself but my original
point still stands.

P.P.P.S. This looks like an ideal candidate for a huge thread lasting
for many months and consuming much disk space and many resources until,
finally, Eric leaps in and saves us all from certain doom. Please, lets
end it now

I'll be going now...

--
Phil Atkinson phila -at- intuitive -dot- co -dot- uk
Doing one's best to manage a pack of unruly scum