Re: Second Oldest Profession?

Subject: Re: Second Oldest Profession?
From: Keith Soltys <ksoltys -at- DJTTD -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 16:42:47 GMT

On Tue, 22 Jul 1997 10:34:07 -0400, you wrote:

..snip..

>So, how far back do you think we go as technical writers? Maybe we =
>weren't acknowledged as a "profession" until relatively recently, but =
>surely we've been scribbling away in the background for many centuries.
>
>I'd like your input on the Technical Writer inHistory.

>Beth Agnew
>Senior Technical Writer, InSystems Technologies Inc.
>bagnew -at- insystems -dot- com Tel: (905) 513-1400 ext. 280
> Fax: (905) 513-1419

Beth, you may want to check out Karen Schriver's book, "Dynamics in Document
Design". The first part of the book is a history of the profession and it's
fascinating reading. I haven't finished the book yet, but so far I'd have to
say that it's one of the very best books about technical communication.

Regards
Keith