Re: Resume Length (2 pages ok?)

Subject: Re: Resume Length (2 pages ok?)
From: Pat Gantt <pagantt -at- POSTOFFICE -dot- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 19:18:39 -0500

> I was always told as a rule of thumb, to try to keep my
> resume to one page.....at all costs.

Absolutely. Still the rule of thumb.
Remember me MS commando raid. I have
been researching this. Have asked
people who do this for a living (resume
services) and the JOBPLACE-L.

BTW *don't* call this your resume it is
your "qualifications brief"

Your resume aka in academia is your vita
can be 2 pages long...that is what you had them
once you get your interview.

The average length of time potential
employers look at your qualification brief
is 15 to 20 seconds. So make it 1 page.
Or your Q B will go in the trash pile.

This is someone who has tried EVERYTHING in
a depressed (as in depression) area.

BTW... did I tell you I used to screen these
puppies?

Postal service exam is July 31st. I only have
about 1,500 competitors. Hmmmm. Give you a
hint how ruff it is in E TN? Pray for me
bros. and sistas!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Best Regards,
~~~~,,.
~~~~~~(o o)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~oOO==(_)==OOo~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Pat Gantt
Personal email ~ pagantt -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net
The University of Tennessee, M.S. HRD
VoTech Guide ~ The Mining Company
Business Mail ~ votech -dot- guide -at- miningco -dot- com
http://votech.miningco.com
GO VOLS! .oooO Oooo.
( ) ( )
\ ( ) /