Re: Resume Length (2 pages ok?)

Subject: Re: Resume Length (2 pages ok?)
From: "L. Burnham O'Donald" <lodonald -at- PRIMENET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 1997 19:50:31 -0400

Pat Gantt wrote:

> > I was always told as a rule of thumb, to try to keep my
> > resume to one page.....at all costs.

> Absolutely. Still the rule of thumb.

Not true. I used to hire technical editors/writers, so I should know
what I looked at. And I looked equally upon one or two well-done pages,
either way: it was what the pages _said_ that I paid attention to. "Rule
of thumb" indeed. Who are these rules arbiters? Rhetorical question; I
don't want to know.

> BTW *don't* call this your resume it is
> your "qualifications brief"

Same-old, same-old. Let's use some common sense here.

Louise O'Donald
lodonald -at- primenet -dot- com