Re: Profession of Technical Writing

Subject: Re: Profession of Technical Writing
From: Kathleen Frost <kfrost -at- BTSQUARED -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 08:10:16 -0400

I am firmly convinced that there isn't an industry out there that doesn't
need a writer/editor to some degree. I was proven right the day I bought a
rubber mat for the bath tub and pulled off the label. On the underside, IT
HAD DIRECTIONS!
1) Put one inch of water into the tub.
2) Place mat into tub.
3) Press down with hands to remove air bubbles and prevent movement while
in use.

Of course, this usually means work for us. Has anyone else out there
thought of offering technical writing and editing services to companies in
places like Taiwan and China? Some of the translations on instructions
could keep you laughing as you place tab A into slot B.

KFrost -at- BTSquared -dot- com