Documentation Management books

Subject: Documentation Management books
From: Chris Hamilton <chamilton -at- GR -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 07:13:03 -0500

Good day, everyone.

I'm looking for a book that will help me manage large, multi-person
documentation projects. Right now, we're developing a large product.
Managing its documentation hasn't been a problem; I've written it all
myself. But it's too much for me to do a good job, so we're probably
hiring someone before the end of the year. We'll be able to split up the
writing, but that creates management issues.

I need a book (or any suggestions from this list's collective wisdom)
that will reduce my learning curve and give me an idea of what's
involved with managing a large multiple-person project. Aside from style
guides and convention descriptions, how do you maintain consistency
among all that's written? How do you make sure that you've covered all
the remifications of a change when the big picture is distributed over
two brains? The answers to these questions are more or less obvious, but
its not the _what_ I'm looking for, it's the _how_. I've never really
worked on a multiple-writer project before, and soon I might be managing
one. Gulp.

Thanks in advance.
Chris
--
Chris Hamilton, Technical Writer
Greenbrier & Russel

"Please do not try to confuse the issues with facts!"
-- George Banks, "Mary Poppins"