Re: Resume length

Subject: Re: Resume length
From: Buck Buchanan <buck -dot- buchanan -at- CITICORP -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 07:42:28 -0700

> Amen. When I was teaching tech writing, one of the early assignments was
> for the students to make a resume and I searched high and low for
> information on resumes from credible sources (lecture material ;-). I
> had no luck--there were lots of opinions, but no magic formulae. It's
> definitely an audience analysis thing-- what's likely to be acceptable
> in your field, with the company you're sending it to--which makes "the
> resume" a great class assignment and a challenging real-life issue.
I'm afraid that the worst place to look for resume prep advice is from
an academic. Most of those guys haven't had to look for a job in years.

Ask a top-notch placement agency what they want to see. Try mine
(Computer Horizons Corporation).
--
Buck Buchanan
Software Documentation

buck -dot- buchanan -at- citicorp -dot- com
formerly: writer -at- dhc -dot- net