Interview-Update

Subject: Interview-Update
From: Cheryle Wiese <cjwiese -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 15:11:02 PDT

Hi folks,

A quick update for those of you who wanted to know what happened:

I had my 2nd interview with "Company A" yesterday. The interview was
going fine until one of the interviewers said, "I noticed that up until
your current freelancing position, you were making more money than this
position pays -- is this an issue for you?"

(Now, I wasn't making a whole heckuva lot in my previous job, so my
heart sank at this point.)

Not wanting to appear too negative I asked, "Oh, what is the starting
salary range for this position?"

The answer: $24,000 a year.

Somehow I made it through the interview, and even wrote very polite
follow-up letters. However, based upon the research I did (looking at
STC's survey for my region, and asking several Technical Pubs managers I
know) I was expecting about $30K a year! My gosh, I made more than $24K
working as an ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT FOUR YEARS AGO!
They ***require*** a four year degree for this position, and it involves
some knowledge of DOS and a relatively sophisticated level of knowledge
of Word and eventually, Frame (they are converting).

Hopefully, my interview with "Company B" tomorrow will prove promising.

Cheryle