Re: Creativity in resumes

Subject: Re: Creativity in resumes
From: David Castro <techwrtr -at- CRL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:31:33 -0700

At 12:44 PM 7/24/97 +0300, Mark L. Levinson wrote:
>Is it important to make your resume, cover letter, or portfolio
>stand out or is it important to have a neat, conservative, and
>functional package?

I think that your resume is your opportunity to show that you know how to
use the tools you claim to be able to use. I usually send in a standard
resume (with a paper treatment), but also include a diskette with a WinHelp
resume and multimedia resume. That way, they can choose how they want to
get their information, while also seeing that I know how to do what I claim
to be able to do.

-David Castro
techwrtr -at- crl -dot- com