Technical Writer Trade Union

Subject: Technical Writer Trade Union
From: "Molis, Debbie" <Debbie_Molis -at- FREDDIEMAC -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 11:56:52 -0400

There already is a US trade union for writers that includes technical
writers. In fact, Geoff Hart mentioned a few weeks ago? I'm not sure
exactly when, I've been very busy lately.

The National Writers Union is one segment of the United Auto Workers Union.
And it has focused recently on contracts and legal issues and US tax laws
esp. for contractors. It also offers a nice group health care package and
has a national job hotline that is accessible on the web.

Before you attempt to create a new union, I recommend first that you learn
what this union has to offer, and then make a decision whether a new union
would be worthwhile.

I don't have the web URL handy. But you can search for it from Yahoo, or
another search agent.

Debbie Molis
Debbie_Molis -at- freddiemac -dot- com