Re: Salaries

Subject: Re: Salaries
From: Jennifer Jelinek <jlkraus -at- AMETEKWATER -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 11:38:42 -0500

Beth Agnew posted a Web site containing salary info:

This might be helpful:
http://www.espan.com/salary/edp/comp/edptech.html

I've found the salary averages (at least for a fledgling tech writer like me) to be fairly
accurate where I live (Eastern Wisconsin). I'm also not working in the computer industry
however...that seems to make a difference. I don't think there's quite as much a demand
for tech writers in my neck of the woods, although I think there's a greater demand in
Milwaukee, about 1 hr. south. Eric Haddock would probably know better than I (Hi Eric!)

On the bright side though...cost of living is pretty cheap here. You can buy a small, nice
home for 70-80K, a really nice bigger home for 110-120K. My husband and I have just
started renting a 1400 sq. ft. luxury condo with a GORGEOUS view of Lake Michigan for
about the same price it would have cost to rent an average apartment in a complex back
East. And you can't beat lake living in the summer...

Jennifer Jelinek
Tech Writer and happy Wisconsin transplantee
Sheboygan, WI