More interview news ...

Subject: More interview news ...
From: Cheryle Wiese <cjwiese -at- HOTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 09:33:26 PDT

Since many of you asked to be updated here goes: :)

I went on my interview with "Company B" yesterday. It lasted an hour and
a half and was fantastic!!! The salary was very competitive and the
benefits are above average too. Most importantly, the technology is
cutting edge and I would learn a lot working there.

The interviewer was the person I would be working for, were I to get the
job. She said that she didn't see any need to "drag out" the interview
process and that's why the first interview was so thorough. They plan on
making a decision by next week, and I definitely will take this job if
it is offered to me. Out of 45 resumes, she only chose 5 to interview!

Meanwhile, I have a third interview with "Company Tightwad" on Monday. I
would still be interested in the position if they would just pay the
market rate. I will make this clear in the 3rd interview. After all, I
am not really "entry level" since I have years of business experience,
an English Degree, and a decent portfolio. Besides, if I took a job for
something so far below market, it would be pretty demoralizing and I
would be kicking myself--not a good way to get started in this
profession.

Anyway, I will know next week sometime whether or not I am choosing
between two offers, deciding on one offer, or back to sqaure one with no
offer. Again, if anyone cares to email me with any advice, words of
wisdom, etc., I'm all ears (or eyes, in this case!)

Cheryle