Re: Inappropriate interview....(Long but I'm venting so it's ok)

Subject: Re: Inappropriate interview....(Long but I'm venting so it's ok)
From: Bruce Byfield <bbyfield -at- AXIONET -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 11:04:39 -0400

Williams, Diane (contractor) wrote:

>I was also asked "When would you NOT use a SANS Seriff font?" >I've been a tech writer for 4 yrs, and honestly I felt this >was a
preference" question. Is there a real answer?<<

I don't know, but I suspect that the interviewer was trying to see if
you knew the convention of using sans serifs for headings and serifs for
body text.

However, the interviewer may also have shown his or her limited
knowledge of typography because, as you say, this convention is simply a
preference, or a design issue dependent on context.

--
Bruce Byfield (bbyfield -at- axionet -dot- com)
Technical Writer / Job Bank Team, STC Canada West Coast Chapter

"And you won't see me surrender,
You won't hear me confess,
Cuz you left me with nothing,
But I've worked from less."