Re: "book form"

Subject: Re: "book form"
From: "Nina L. Panzica" <panin -at- MINDSPRING -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 16:19:07 -0500

At 03:03 PM 7/24/97 -0500, you wrote:
> Has anyone heard of the term "book form"? Is there software that can
> put text into "book form"?

In FrameMaker you often take all your chapter text files and stick them
into a "book." A book is a housekeeping file that keeps track of all text
files in a complete document and what in order they should be in. It
displays on the FrameMaker screen in a little window that simply lists the
file names that you've placed in the book. The book lets you create
generated files like contents pages, lists of illustrations, and indices
that span all the chapters quickly and easily. It also makes it easy to
automatically renumber all your pages should you need to do so. Maybe "book
form" refers to this?

Nina P.
____

Nina Panzica
Masterpiece Media
(404) 237-7889
Can't reach me at the above number? Try my pager: 404-596-7889
mailto:panin -at- mindspring -dot- com
http://www.mindspring.com/~panin/

Links to other Technical Writers:
http://www.mindspring.com/~panin/writers.htm