Flame Trawling

Subject: Flame Trawling
From: Tom Johnson <tjohnson -at- GRANDTRAVERSE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 08:41:07 -0400

Gang,

My theory is that Jack Bonney is a pseudonymn. In reality he is Scott
Adams on the trawl for Dilbert material. Great, I love Dilbert! Whatever
is purpose, he was successful. We took the bait and we're caught. He got
a lot of material. Maybe not answers to his survey, but he got a
response.

Actually, I think we should thank Mr. Bonney. He has done more to unify
this group than anyone else I have read on this list in the past three
years. For once we all agree on something. I think we've all taken a
little closer look at the value of our own profession, we recognize
there is room for improvement and we want to do better.

Now, can we keep the constuctive momentum going? Let us show Mr. Bonney
we are indeed a bunch of professionals who have a lot to offer. Perhaps
he will offer one of us a job and we can help turn his product into
something useful instead of what appears to be smoke and mirrors.

And to you Mr. Bonney (Adams), why the cloak and dagger stuff? What do
you have to hide that you will not divulge the purpose of your research?

Tom Johnson
Technical Writer and Proud of It
tjohnson -at- grandtraverse -dot- com