Bad Supervisor Survey

Subject: Bad Supervisor Survey
From: Peggy Schillinger <peggys -at- STLNET -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 1997 12:42:09 -0500

Ellen Roddy wrote:

> Hi all,
> Just a note to ask if any of you have had some really "bad" supervisors.
> How did you handle the situation? What type of supervisors was he
> (Bully, Peacock, Paranoid)? Would you send replies to my e-mail
> address.
> I will use the information in a session for PCOC to help people
> survive
> or get out of unreasonable situations.

Everybody has had a bad boss sometime. Perhaps the past 24 hours of
uproar about Jack Bonney's ill-defined survey has made me jumpy, but I
don't see how my bad boss stories are going to help anyone. I'm tired of
the idea that we have to bash somebody to make a point.

Why don't you try collecting anecdotes about wonderful bosses? The ones
who come early, stay late, edit clearly, explain thoroughly, and still
manage a tech doc department well? Such a presentation would be
interesting and even refreshing.

Regards....Peggy Schillinger
Peggy Schillinger peggys -at- stlnet -dot- com
Computer Software Technical Writer 314-569-9495 (V)
Co-President, STC St. Louis (MO) 314-994-1905 (F)

"I began to develop a firm conviction that most efforts to
teach people things were wasted. All they needed was to
go off some place quiet and read." ---Richard Russo