Re: Odd survey explained

Subject: Re: Odd survey explained
From: Peggy Schillinger <peggys -at- STLNET -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 1997 12:33:20 -0500

Don Sargent wrote:

> I asked Jack Bonney why he was conducting the survey
> he posted here. His reply...

Thank you, Don, for requesting and then sharing Jack
Bonney's explanation of this tech writing survey. Unfortunately, his
explanation is just as murky as his original survey questions.

His assumptions still are derogatory, and his agenda is still obvious.
This is not a research project; how can it be when there isn't even one
objective question in the whole bunch? He sneeringly maligns the
writers on this list by downgrading our profession, impugning our
educations, and deriding our abilities and judgment.

He also thanked us too soon for our "consideration and assistance;" he's
getting neither from me.

Regards....Peggy Schillinger
Peggy Schillinger peggys -at- stlnet -dot- com
Computer Software Technical Writer 314-569-9495 (V)
Co-President, STC St. Louis (MO) 314-994-1905 (F)

"I began to develop a firm conviction that most efforts to
teach people things were wasted. All they needed was to
go off some place quiet and read." ---Richard Russo