HTML editor/converter choices

Subject: HTML editor/converter choices
From: A Watkins <awatkins -at- POBOX -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 01:51:57 -0500

Our department is developing an intranet, and I will be the site
designer. I know HTML,
but I don't care to re-invent the wheel; I'm planning to use an
HTML editor for the basics,
then finish things off with hard coding. I have two questions for
the list.

1. To those of you who do lots of webstuff and use an editor:
which editor do you
recommend (Windoze platform) and why? I've used the first version
of FrontPage,
HotDog, and Internet Assistant for Word95. My favorite for the
little Websites
I've done is simply ... Netscape, now Composer! Adobe PageMill is
highly
recommended by one of my associates. With which have y'all (I'm
in Texas)
found success and power?

2. Which conversion programs have worked best for Word and Frame
docs?
These docs have lots of formatting, especially tables. Any
recommendations here?

Please respond to me offline. If there's sufficient interest in
the results, I'll post them.

Thanks all.

Alfred Watkins
Tech Scribe, GTECH Texas Software Engineering
mailto:awatkins -at- pobox -dot- com