Re: Price Range for User Manual Summary

Subject: Re: Price Range for User Manual Summary
From: Linda Laurie <LinLaurie -at- MSN -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 1997 11:06:44 UT

I would quote an hourly rate and let it go at that. If they ask how many pages
you can do an hour, you can quote 5-7 rough. But don't get into a page
counting-based payment system. What if pages are deleted? You really don't
want to do this. I've been a contract programmer for ten years and a contract
tech writer for 9 and I always go on an hourly rate. Then they can change
their minds and it won't cost you work or money.

Lin
linlaurie -at- msn -dot- com
www.winpro-press.com