Re: Background Colors

Subject: Re: Background Colors
From: Bill Burns <BillDB -at- ILE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 13:07:15 -0600

Debbie writes:

> I was wondering if anyone working on presentations has a preferance
> for
> background colors, and perhaps text colors as well. I'm modifying a
> presentation that has a black background, and it's not very lively
> looking.

I prefer dark backgrounds with light text for electronic
presentations--teal with mint green, violet with, uh...something,
er...lighter. My understanding is that this contrast is better for
onscreen viewing. I also stick with sans serif fonts for body text since
sans serif characters tend to be more legible onscreen. If you're
printing transparencies, you might want to stay away from colored
backgrounds since some printers have difficulty with consistent coverage
on transparency.

Bill Burns
Technical Writer
ILE Communications Group