Re: Salary info from Coopers and Lybrand survey

Subject: Re: Salary info from Coopers and Lybrand survey
From: Gurudutt Kamath <guruk -at- GIASBM01 -dot- VSNL -dot- NET -dot- IN>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 23:24:59 +0530

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Donald Ray wrote:

> Why do we get paid so much? Might be because we are technical types who
> happen to be good technical writers. As for myself, I hold three
> degrees, ASCS, BA, and MSCS.

I was offered $48,000 for an assignment in USA. I am a technical writer
from India living in Bombay. Unfortunately, due to other commitments, I
could not take it up.

I always tom tom about these figures locally. In Bombay, at times I am
paid more than the programmers, system analysts, etc -- much to their
discomfort.

I am curious as to the salary/payment relationship betweeen techies and
technical writers. Is it 1:1, 1.5:1, 2:1 or what. Meaning, do technical
writers get as much as programmer techies for the same sort of experience
and background or are we paid less.

Guru (just 11 or so days away from celebrating 50 years of Independence on
August 15th)

guruk -at- giasbm01 -dot- vsnl -dot- net -dot- in
http://members.tripod.com/~Kamath