File Management Software

Subject: File Management Software
From: Charles R Crawley <crcrawl5 -at- CRNOTES -dot- CCA -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 16:03:21 -0500

Excuse me if this topic has already been discussed, but I've just joined
the list. Does anyone have any recommendations for file management
software geared for documentation? Our engineers used TLIB, but that is
more oriented towards software version control than document files such as
Word files, spreadsheets, and graphics. PVCS Version Manager and DOCS Open
are expensive and seem like overkill for what we need to do. Basically,
we need a library system where files are centralized and there is some sort
of "check-in, check-out" system. If software is not the answer, then have
you developed some procedures to deal with the problem of file sharing?
Thank you.