Freezing MSWord97 docs/graphics

Subject: Freezing MSWord97 docs/graphics
From: GeriLou Ciotoli <GeriLou_Ciotoli -at- DLCORP -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 14:02:38 GMT

I'm hoping someone can answer this question.

Background: Using Word97, I'm writing software manuals and linking in Corel
graphics. These graphics are used throughout the manual set and may change
in the future. I am cross linking the graphics (using one graphic file in
many docs), not embedding.

My question is this: Once I finish this manual set, and proceed to the next
release of manuals, what happens when I update a graphic? Will it change in
the preceding set of manuals? Is there a way to "Freeze" docs in Word97? ..
or should I start a new library of graphics? I would hate to do that due to
file size, it seems like such as waste.

What actually happens to the links when you save a doc with linked graphics?
Will just moving the documents to a different directory break the links and
save the doc with the graphics?

Respond to me directly please, since I'm on digest. Thank you.

gciotoli -at- dlcorp -dot- com
Enterprise Computer Systems
Stratford, CT