Re: Creativity

Subject: Re: Creativity
From: Sella Rush <SellaR -at- APPTECHSYS -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 13:30:36 -0700

The important thing is to figure out your own personal best way of
working and refine it. It's a controversy that will never be resolved
because there's a different answer for each person. Undisciplined mind
like mine needs a loose outline to focus my creativity toward a certain
direction. The stuff I write without an outline invariably ends up cut
or heavily rewritten. (We're talking novels here--short stories, I just
need a beginning and an ending, and can fill in the middle as I go.)

But, I do know people who never outline, who seem to be able hold a
steady course without a guide. They also say writers develop this
ability over time. We should be so lucky.