Re: Tips for Agencies

Subject: Re: Tips for Agencies
From: Dan BRINEGAR <vr2link -at- VR2LINK -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 18:32:59 -0700

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for tips for a cluefull
agency recruiter: in one day since I sent her our intial responses, she
managed to make contact with STC employment managers in Region 6, and has
identified at least one candidate already!

'Way to go, Whirlers!

In the meantime, I have another tip you might wanna share with *your* agencies:

If you post a job-opening on the web, and provide an e-mail address for
applicants, do *NOT* I repeat *DO NOT* respond with an e-mail form letter
using the same text as those little post-cards they send out thanking us
for our resume and "if we have a position for which you are qualified, we
will contact you."

It shows the applicant that the agency doesn't care, isn't paying
attention, and -- no matter how excited we might be about the job-- there
isn't a chance in hell we'll hear from the agency about it again.... the
applicant also knows not to bother with that particular agency again.

[This doesn't have any bearing on the recruiter I was trying to help, it's
simply something that's happened with about 5 of the 30 electronic resumes
I sent out awhile back.]

Thanks again,
dan'l
Dan Brinegar, Acting Chief Deputy Assistant techwhirl "Going to Rome" Evangelist
To comment or participate in the "Going to Rome" project, send email with
"G2R" in the
subject line to <mailto:vr2link -at- giaco -dot- com>.

See the project under construction at:
<http://www.giaco.com/~vr2link/Going2Rome/>