Re: Tips for Agencies

Subject: Re: Tips for Agencies
From: Mary McCauley-Stiff <Mary_McCauley-Stiff -at- STRATUS -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 1997 08:14:32 -0400

> In the meantime, I have another tip you might wanna share with *your*
agencies:

> If you post a job-opening on the web, and provide an e-mail address > > for
applicants, do *NOT* I repeat *DO NOT* respond with an e-mail > >
form letter
[snip]

Wow! You actually received a response? Aren't you lucky? After posting
my skills profile on a local computer jobs site I received *many*
requests for my resume from agencies. But the agencies I sent my resume
to in this manner never followed up - no e-mail, no phone call.

I assume they are trying to beef up their resume database (it's either
that or develop a low self-esteem complex). I soon removed my skills
profile from that site. Now I am more selective of where I send my
resume, but even now I'm wondering if that is the best "technique."

Anyone have any opinions? Is it better to blanket the whole town with
your resume (increasing your chances of hearing about more jobs, but
also increasing your chances of double-submits of your resume to
clients) or is it better to just work with two or three agencies you
respect?

I would be happy to summarize to the list if people show enough
interest.

Mary

<mailto:mary_mccauley-stiff -at- stratus -dot- com>