Spamming the Spammers

Subject: Spamming the Spammers
From: Scott Herron <sherr19 -at- IDT -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 1997 09:48:45 -0400

>The problem is, that most of the adresses in spam-headers don't work. . .
>And over half the ones that *do* work are forged, so all you'd accomplish
>is getting some innocent third party harassed.

Many of these clowns have web pages. There's usually a
mailto:marketing -dot- weasel -at- wewant -dot- yermoney -dot- com in there somewhere. Use it.

I am usually reduced to including the phrase "And NO, you can't have a
@#$%^& cookie!"

I've been using a similar strategy for years. Whenever I receive
unsolicited junkmail, if there's a "Postage guaranteed if mailed in the
USA" notice on the return envelope. . . MWHUA-ha-ha-ha-HAAA!

I stuff _everything_ they sent me in the return envelope, write "FIGHT
JUNK MAIL" and such in big red letters on the outside and drop it in the
nearest mailbox. And encourage others to do the same.

Regards,
--
Scott Herron | sherr19 -at- idt -dot- net

That "deep thoughts" bit at the bottom.