manual reprints

Subject: manual reprints
From: "Misti Tucker USAET(UTC -04:00)" <mtucker2 -at- E-MAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 16:02:15 EDT

Kristen asks:

> Because we have a new logo, marketing has requested that every one of our
> manuals that we have in stock should be reprinted with the new logo to
> create new masters.

> For the sake of time and money, I think we should just use up what we have
> of our current manuals and use the new logo on revisions.

How about a compromise? You can get stick-on labels with the new logo much
more cheaply than you can reprint the manuals -- especially when your time is
factored in. Why not get a set of stick on labels with the new logo and stick
them over the old logo in the old manuals, then produce reprints with the new
logo as they're needed.

Misti Tucker
Technical Communication mta -at- cyberspace -dot- org (h)
& Help System Design mtucker2 -at- e-mail -dot- com (w)